Welcome To DBA Share

SQL 2012 setup is not recognizing that .net 3.5 SP1 already installed.

0 comments

Today, I have faced a problem in installing SQL 2012. That i am not able to install SQL 2012 on my (windows server 2008 Enterprise) server. Before going to install SQL I have been completed all pre-requisites on my server. However i got failed in installing SQL. We all known that .net framework 3.5 SP1 is needed for installing SQL 2012. If you are using Windows server 2008 R2 It will be there already in the machine But mine is windows server 2008 only. as this reason I specially download .net 3.5 and installed it in my server

After install .net 3.5 (we can also add .net 3.5 feature in your server) i given reboot to server. then I started to installing SQL 2012. unfortunately i got an error in installing. Error message is as below.


When i saw this error i realized that SQL 2012 media is not recognizing that .net 3.5 SP1 is already installed. I found this in detailed view report


Then i gone through the Microsoft site and finally got one patch update for this issue. i have downloaded the patch update from Here. after given the patch i have restarted the server. and again i started to install SQL this time i didn't face any problem.

Hope this is helpful for you too.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : 2005 | 2008 | 2008R2 | 2012 | 2014 | SQL Server DBA
Copyright © 2013. DBA Share - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Modify by CaraGampang.Com
Proudly powered by Blogger